Father Murphy was a Syndication network western drama series created by Michael Landon (who was also the executive producer & director) in partnership with William F. Claxton, Maury Dexter, Victor French and Leo Penn.
The show aired from November 3, 1981 to September 18, 1983, lasting for two seasons.
The series was about an 1870s frontiersman named John Michael Murphy who teams up with prospector named Moses Gage to help shelter a a group of orphans who are being threatened with internment in a workhouse.
Murphy disguises himself as a priest and befriends a schoolmarm named Mae Woodward to help the kids find a home.
- Merlin Olsen as John Michael Murphy
- Katherine Cannon as Mae Woodward
- Timothy Gibbs as Will Adams
- Moses Gunn as Moses Gage
- Scott Mellini as Ephram Winkler
- Lisa Trusel as Lizette Winkler
- Kirk Brennan as David Sims
- Byron Thames as Matt Sims
- Chez Lister as Eli Matthews
- Richard Bergman as Father Joe Parker
- Charles Tyner as Howard Rodman
- Ivy Bethune as Evelyn Tuttle
- Burr DeBenning as Paul/Richard Garrett
- Ted Markland as Frank